So as some of you have seen, via twitter/facebook/instagram, I still felt the need to craft while packing for vacation. After taking down those sad, small ring paintings above our bed and replacing them with the awesomeness that is this project, I just couldn’t stand re-hanging them somewhere different. Most everything in our room has evolved and changed since our new bed came into the picture. Everything really, except those two paintings.
So when I bought the fabric for the big project, I couldn’t let go of a much-to-small fragment that wouldn’t work for the original planned project. I had originally seen it in JoAnn’s and thought I would use it for the larger bedroom project, but it was only barely a yard and not nearly wide enough for what I wanted it to be. I also couldn’t figure out how to use it anywhere else but I needed to take it with me because of the fun pattern and colors.
When I brought it home and completed the other project, I realized that I COULD use the other unknown fabric for an update. I could recover those lovely, but passed off, ring paintings. So as you will see in this Vine video, I first measured about an inch all the way around the frame. This way I had plenty to stretch and staple down to the frame and no worries that it was too short. I stretched and stapled the fabric directly to the framing of the canvas. I tried my best to cut and stretch so that they would look great together and almost (or as close as I can get) to continuous. Because it was a canvas, it does have to cover the sides. So the perfect, continuous look is just a bit off. This project took me less than ten minutes and because I already owned the canvases, it really only cost me the price of the fabric ($9.99 plus tax). Quick fix and fun to look at!
And there you have it! Even in a “I have to finish everything before I leave” stressed situation, I still HAD to do these and put them up before I left. Enjoy!